Southern Christian College hosts SOXAARRDEC Special Meeting; Dr. Balaki, New Coordinating Council Vice Chairperson
Southern Christian College took the challenge to host the Special Meeting of the SOCCSKSARGEN Agriculture, Aquatic and Natural Resources Research and Development Consortium (SOXAARRDEC) for the official Turnover Ceremony of the Regional Research and Development Coordinating Council (RRDCC) Chairperson, May 12, 2023.
Presidents and representatives of the nineteen (19) Consortium Member Institutions (CMI) of the SOXAARRDEC convened at the SCC Executive Boardroom to witness Newly Appointed Chairperson Dr. Ali K. Dilangalen, President of the Cotabato Foundation College of Science and Technology (CFCST), officially receive authority and responsibility from outgoing RRDCC Chairperson Dr. Sailila E. Abdula of the Department of Agriculture (DA) – Regional Field Office 12.
After the turnover ceremony was an election where Southern Christian College President Dr. Edwin T. Balaki was elected as the RRDCC Vice Chairperson.
The Memorandum of Commitment from the Department of Science and Technology – Philippine Council for Agriculture, Aquatic and Natural Resources Research and Development (DOST-PCAARD) was also signed during the meeting.
The SOXAARRDEC is an organization that aims to engage minds to effect positive change in the lives of people and the agri-fishery sector through responsive research and Development, Technology Transfer, and Knowledge Management initiatives in Region XII.
Present in the special meeting were Presidents and representatives from the following CMIs:
– Philippine Council for Agriculture and Aquatic Resources Research and Development (PCAARRD)
– University of Southern Mindanao (USM)
– Sultan Kudarat State University (SKSU)
– Cotabato Foundation College of Science and Technology (CFCST)
– Mindanao State University – General Santos City
– Cotabato City State Polytechnic College (CCSPC)
– DA-Bureau of Agricultural Research (BAR)
– Department of Agriculture (DA) – Regional Field Office 12
– National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) – Regional Office 12
– DA- Agricultural Training Institute (ATI) 12
– DA – Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR) 12
– Philippine Rubber Research Institute (PRRI)
– PhilRice- Midsayap Experiment Station
– South East Asian Institute of Technology (SEAIT)
– Southern Christian College (SCC)
– Philippine Carabao Center (PCC) @ USM
– VMC Asian College Foundation Inc.
– Makilala Institute of Science and Technology (MIST)
– South Cotabato State College (SCSC)
Meanwhile, different innovative research outputs from the senior high school department and higher education unit were showcased to the participants through a gallery walk. (Raffy S. Virtucio)
Photos by Jeanno Keith P. Vicente