The College of Theology was established in 1969. It offers Bachelor in Theology, a special training program for UCCP Pastors. It also offers Bachelor of Arts in Theology (Gr No. 001, s. 2018).
The College of Theology envisions a society where the people of God are united with the whole creation in the conciliar process for justice, peace, humane society and integrity of creation.
Being the center for theological and ecclesial formation, the College of Theology is committed to an evangelical, holistic, theological education which embraces a process of learning: to know, to do, to live together, and to be in the context of servanthood for sustainable development.
- To prepare students and church workers as agents of personal ecclesial, and social transformation through theoretical grinding and field exposure;
- to provide evangelical and apostolic theological underpinnings that are broad, interdisciplinary, biblical and theologically sound;
- to infuse students and church workers with a culture of a scholarly theological type of learning that contributes to reconciliation in society, especially between and among the Tri-people communities in Mindanao which include Muslims, Indigenous Peoples, and Christians;
- to inculcate and practice the virtues of caring, sharing and cooperation through action-reflection-action using the service-learning paradigm;
- to create a venue for theological education in which the culture of research, consultations, theological discussions, dialogue and exchange programs among faculty and students may be enhanced; and
- to expose students and church workers to a climate of ecumenical learning and dialogue in the local context as baseline formation in relation to other contexts.