COLLEGE OF COMPUTING AND INFORMATION SCIENCES (CCIS)
The College of Computing and Information Sciences oversees the following programs: Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (GR No. 010, s. 2008), Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (GR No. 042, s.2011), Bachelor of Science in Information Systems (GR No. 043, s. 2011), and the Bachelor of Library and Information Science, a converted program of Bachelor
of Secondary Education, major in Library Science (CMO No. 08, 2005).
The College of Computing and Information Sciences (CCIS) of Southern Christian College (SCC) envisions itself as a center of excellence and development in the fields of information and communication technology and library and information science.
The College of Computing and Information Sciences (CCIS) is committed to prepare young minds and individuals holistically for challenging opportunities along with global consciousness, supported and nourished by experts in the field.
The College of Computing and Information Sciences (CCIS) aims to achieve the following objectives:
- produce competent graduates with industry skill sets who adhere with the academic institution’s core values of faith, character and service;
- produce socially-responsible graduates equipped with the excellent education, knowledge and skills for professional careers and advanced study in computing and information science;
- produce relevant research in the field of computing and information science;
- continually aspire, contribute and utilize emerging technologies to promote academic excellence and professionalism; and
- establish and maintain linkages to related industries and professional organizations.